The essay should not be the most dreaded part of the application process for any university. Maybe these tips will help you find that you can do this writing task with ease.
1. Tell Your Story In Your Own Voice.
Now is the time to market yourself to the best of your ability. Your college essay gives our admissions officers an insight into what makes you unique beyond your high school grades, test scores and extracurriculars. Your essay tells us how you will add something to UF’s freshman class, what you can bring to our community of leaders, learners and thinkers, and what sets you apart. This is the story of YOU!
2. Does the Essay Matter?
UF will receive more than 30,000 applications for the approximate 6,500 seats in the freshman class. There will be many outstanding students with similar scores and grades—too many to admit. Your essay helps us learn what makes you unique from other equally talented students.
3. Who Reads ‘Em?
Various officers throughout the UF Division of Enrollment Management are trained to read essays, and each essay will be read at least twice by randomly assigned readers. Keep in mind that these individuals may read more than a thousand essays, so it is important to try to catch the readers’ attention quickly with the most interesting example or point at the beginning of the essay. Here’s an example:
When I was in high school, I played the violin in the high school band. It was my favorite activity, and I never missed a practice or a performance. But one day, to my horror, I left my thousand-dollar violin on the school bus…
(from the book, Heavenly Essays)
4. Make the Story Unique to You
If you believe 10 or 20 or 100 students could write your exact essay, then it’s time to rethink your topic. Work on being distinctive. Here are some overused topics that essay readers have seen many (many) times:
- Winning or losing the big game
- Loss of friendships or relationships
- Critiques of others (classmates, parents)
- Pet deaths
- Summer vacations
Think about what you would say in three to five minutes to a total stranger to impress or inform them about your terrific qualities or unusual experiences.
5. Show and Tell—Be Vivid with Your Words
If you recall show and tell at school, your essay should follow the same principle. Remember when the student went to the front of the class with something of interest inside the plastic sack? You hear the story. You see the object. With essays, you need to draw the reader out beyond the straight text and use words that trigger imagery and the senses.
6. Big Words Are Just Big Words.
Impress us with your content and who you are; not your ability to use a thesaurus. Most of our readers would prefer if you wrote, “I hung out with a group of friends” instead of, “we congregated as a conglomerate of like-minded individuals”.
7. Don’t Repeat.
Don’t repeat what you’ve already supplied in your application—grades, test scores, etc. Your essay serves to fill in the blanks beyond what you have supplied.
8. This is your essay, not your English class.
We will be reading your essay more for your words and information and less for your grammar. We know you’ve learned to limit use of contractions, eliminate sentence fragments and not to split your infinitives. However, no text-lingo, such as “lol” “ttyl” “kk” etc. We won’t judge you heavily on grammar, but we ask that you keep it appropriately professional. Pick up a best-selling book, and you’ll find that many authors no longer write by the rules. It’s your story that counts!
9. Have Someone Else Read It.
It’s always wise to have someone else read your draft before you submit your essay. You’ll be much more relieved knowing you submitted your very best work.
10. Now, go fine tune your drafts, tell us your story and be confident in your submission.
If you follow these tips, they will take you far on the UF application.
University of Florida’s Current Essay Topics
- Tell a story from your life, describing an experience that either demonstrates your character or helped to shape it.
- Describe a time when you made a meaningful contribution to others in which the greater good was your focus. Discuss the challenges and rewards of making your contribution.
- Has there been a time when you’ve had a long-cherished or accepted belief challenged? How did you respond? How did the challenge affect your beliefs?
- What is the hardest part of being a teenager now? What’s the best part? What advice would you give a younger sibling or friend (assuming they would listen to you)?
- Submit an essay on a topic of your choice.
Reliable and Urgent Essay Writing Service
It’s not always easy to write an academic essay, a research paper, a thesis, or any other kind document quickly. No matter how fast you write, there are only 24 hours in a day, and there’s no way to make days longer so you can finish your essays and other assignments on time and still have a social life. Is it even possible to cope with it all? You write fast enough, but you can’t do it faster without significant damage to quality. Clearly, you have to spend enough time on editing and proofreading the urgent essay; these are not things you should ignore. You will find this information in any article with writing tips. So, what are the best ways of coping with your written assignments?
Urgent Essay Writing Service: Professional Writing and Editing
Get some urgent custom paper writing help from an online service and stop worrying about your assignments, whether it is an essay or a dissertation. Our writers know how to write any assignment, be it an essay of 3, 4, 5, or 10 pages, a research paper, a business report writing project, a book report, a sociology presentation, an urgent coursework, or a dissertation. We will gladly provide professional writing help to students of any level and craft a needed paper in 1, 2, 3, 6, 8, 12, or 24 hours if needed. You may say: “But my assignment is too complicated? I’m required to write a 3000 to 4000-word essay in a day! Do you have a writer who is able to do it well for me?” We take the process of hiring new writers seriously, so you can be sure that there’s a writer available who is an expert in the required field of study and will tackle your “Please, write my paper for me in a day or two” request.
Some students do not need to buy custom essays written from scratch, but simply need an editor who will be able to make all necessary changes to a paper of 1500, 2000, or 2500 words to make it perfect. This is also an easy task for our custom writing service writers. You may attach all the files that a writer needs in order to complete an order. You can also order just a chapter for your research paper, or order a sample paper and use it as an example and as a foundation for your own research work. We offer such last minute services to students, too.
We know that speed also matters because students have to complete their papers before the due date. What every student needs is to find a website that offers quick help and cheap prices. We’re sure we have the fastest writers and the cheapest prices. We offer you help of good quality for a reasonable price. This is the main reason why students keep using our website. We believe that we have completed enough orders to find out what every client needs and how we can help him or her as best we can.
Urgent Essay Help: Get a 100% Refund!
Beware! A lot of online custom writing services in the academic writing sphere never provide a solid money back guarantee. But the reality is that they never keep their promises to give your funds back in case you are not 100% satisfied with the paper completed for you. Each of our experts makes all possible efforts to make sure you feel completely safe when placing your order.
What is more, the money back guarantee policy our company provide, gives you the right to approach us for a refund at any stage of the writing process in case something goes wrong with your assignment. It doesn’t matter what kind of problems you may face, since the money back guarantee will protect your interests. Our dedicated writing experts will do their best to have a satisfaction rate. For that reason, the refund requests tend to appear quite rarely, which is partly due to our solid refund guarantee. Every refund request that we receive from our customers is reviewed by our online specialists, as well as considered within the shortest possible period of time.
Why Are We Loved by Our Customers?
There are a couple of things that our clients like in particular. Have a look and decide for yourself:
- Writing from scratch. Every essay or research paper we write is absolutely unique. We don’t have any databases of papers we’ve previously written for our customers. That’s why we can write a paper according to your instructions in an hour, in a couple of days, or in a week if needed, and you get a paper that’s one of a kind.
- No plagiarism. We carefully check every paper with our plagiarism-detection software. Every single word, every page will be thoroughly investigated to provide 100% uniqueness. Besides, we provide every customer with a detailed plagiarism report in order to prove the project is authentic. Moreover, all of the cited sources are formatted properly using APA, MLA, or Chicago formats.
- Customer support service. If something is wrong with our website, or if you have trouble with a payment or downloading your paper and require some immediate help, you don't have to wait for an hour or more. Just contact our support team and get instant help.
- Around the clock service. Something that every customer will enjoy when co-working with our experienced writers is professional services that are available 24 hours a day. The representatives of our online custom writing team can be easily reached at all times. You’re welcome to get in touch with our experts and they will happily deal with any queries of yours. You may contact us via email, phone, or live chat. Every client who refers to our company is provided with an individual approach regardless of their problem.
As you can see, our website is a perfect choice for students of any academic level.
Place your order now and get quality help from experienced writers.